Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tense Moment Last Night

I don't understand why people, especially when they're in their 20's, can care less about home security issues. Do you really think it wont happen to you?? Seriously? Last night at about 11pm, my motion detector lit up on my back porch. I froze. I waited. I got up to see. Of course it's pitch black beyond the patio, so I couldn't see if the possible-intruder was out there. I just moved from the big city to a rural part of the country, so this is different for me. I do feel safer out here, but at the same time, I don't. There was this "physco-safeness" I felt being in a dense area, even if the people around me were shady.

But I had my motion detectors. Theyre set up all around my property. Ready to light up as soon as someone thinks they're smart enough to bombard on me. The cost effective method isn't going to call the police, isn't going to alert the neighbors, and 50% of the time it isn't going to deter the intruder. But it does make them think twice. It does alert you that something's going on out there, and 50% of the time I have enough time to run and get my hollow-pointed .38 Special. That's right. I dont mess around. I almost want to egg the intruders on sometimes, "come on in" I wanted to yell. But I didn't. I just sat there for a second, then decided I'd go outside with my flashlight and check it out. After reviewing the situation I went over to check my lights, to ensure they were doing their job. Up on the chair, on my tippie toes I examine the lights and notice the switch is turned to "timed". That's right. Timed. There wasn't any 'intruder' at all. No need for my gun, no need for the panic. All of that was pointless. I could'nt believe it, I just smiled and chuckled to myself. I'm actually glad no one was around that moment as my cheeks turned red. I'm just thankful I didn't start yelling out. LOL Needless to say, I slept just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment